Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thanksgiving 'Paleo' diet...

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Today’s workout was scheduled to be held in the dining room. We were having my birthday dinner because Savannah had come home from Ohio State for Heidi’s show and to watch me getting older and had to head back. I’d requested a Thanksgiving dinner…I really love turkey…and that’s what we were having. Since I was working on the paleo diet, I’d decided to forgo much of the meal and focus hard on the things I really enjoyed…dark meat and sweet potatoes. I passed on the mashed potatoes, dressing, noodles and gravy…but hit the sweet potatoes hard. Dessert was banana cream pie (fruit), chocolate/peanut butter pie (peanuts are okay…chocolate is a vegetable) and some kind of custard thing with coconut on top (big nut…or is it fruit?). Anyway, it’s my birthday dinner and I continue to move on the 80/20 plan…doing well 80% of the time (or is it 20% of the time?).

I spent two hours at a training seminar to be a Park Ambassador for the Cuyahoga Valley National Park before dinner and thus had little time for a workout even if I’d had a mind to. I didn’t. My leg was sore and I was going for the birthday triathlon tomorrow regardless of weather. John sent me a whiny text saying that the weather was going to be bad on Monday. And your point? I did manage to get in a walk in the morning with Holly, though I’m not trying to pass it off as a workout. Still…it was something.

No comments:

Post a Comment