Monday, May 2, 2011

Another injury day-off...

Friday, April 29, 2011

I went in to the office early to knock out the paperwork that had been piling up. I hate paperwork and tend to put it off until the end of the month, which increases the stress of doing it. After a couple of hours of pounding on the computer, I started noticing stiffness in my neck and left shoulder. As the day wore on, it got worse and by the time I left for Kent to pick up Heidi, I was having difficulty turning my head to look behind me…which is what mirrors are for, so no big deal.

I whined to her as we drove…every bump was sending pain shocks to my brain…and she offered me the same sympathy Holly would later…none. I arrived home and immediately swallowed a couple of Allieve and grabbed the ice pack. I was hoping for a quick cure since Holly and I had to go to my brother’s for dinner. She saw me on the couch when she came home and Heidi informed her how I was just whining about a sore shoulder and should be ignored. I’d figured out that it hurt to let my arm hang normally as I walked, so I tried to fashion a sling from an ace bandage, but it didn’t do much. I let Holly drive to my brother’s, wincing with every chuck hole and bump she managed to locate.

Dinner was more Paleo diet…I had salad, green beans, and filet mignon. I haven’t had steak in a long time, but it’s lean meat and fits nicely. Jeff kept talking about some fantastic ice cream there in Brecksville, saying “it’s almost as good as ECC.” I had to go. I had some kind of custard in a waffle cone and it was very good and very non-Paleo (I’ve researched this and can find no evidence of refrigeration in the Paleolithic period), but I’m sticking to the 80/20 rule…following the diet 80 percent of the time.

I did nothing for a workout. I’ve had these kinds of neck/shoulder issues and they always go away in a little over 24 hours. I’m hoping this is just one of those cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment