Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Time to see the doc again...

Monday, May 16, 2011

I’ve been struggling for over six weeks with a sore knee, but last night was the first time it’s kept me awake. I hadn’t done anything particularly hard on it…not to my knowledge anyway…so I was uncertain why it had ached so much. Regardless…I knew it was time to get in touch with Nilesh, my sports med doc, and let him know what’s going on. I did that via email, explaining how it began and the nature of the pain for these past weeks. He informed that it sounds like a tear in the meniscus and that I need to get in to see him. And so I will. I did some research on the injury he defined and I have to agree that it sure walks and quacks like a duck…so it probably is. It does look like something that is repaired rather easily with arthroscopic surgery and that I can be up and at it in no time. I’m going to see him in the morning, so I’ll have my answer quickly.

I was still considering going to the Metropark for a run as I left the office, but the pain was a little more severe than it had been in previous days, so I skipped it. I’m maturing…slowly. Naturally the rains were continuing to fall, so biking was out. Another forced day-off to old age and injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment