Monday, May 9, 2011

It's about the moms...

Sunday, May 8, 2011

It was Mother’s Day and Heidi and I were trying to keep Holly from having to do anything. We teamed up and went to Giant Eagle’s to buy the ingredients Heidi would need to make a Mother’s Day healthy meal. She bought all kinds of fruit for a platter she made, fresh spinach for a salad, some kind of fancy olive oil with a little plant growing in it for bread dipping, and shrimp, cherry tomatoes and some kind of rice noodles she was going to sauté for the entrée. Sounds kind of disgusting, but she made it work.

I was in charge of…well…nothing in particular. I was cleaning the house using methods which would get the John Housekeeping Seal of Approval…but no one else’s. I did manage to vacuum some rooms, wash floors in others and even clean the kitchen window. And since Holly hates to see dead grass clumps in the yard, I even went outside and, against all of my principles, raked the dead grass into piles and picked it up. I was firing on all seven cylinders….

I was still feeling yesterday’s workout and yard work…my hamstrings were screaming every time I bent over as they will do when you’ve done a lot of yard work, but I managed to sneak in a 30-minute run. Again…I moved slowly, trying to make the knee think I was doing anything but running. It seemed to work since I made it through the run without incident, though I did have some soreness later on and found it necessary to put the ice wrap on.

A great day for some wonderful women in my life. And…if I’m not mistaken…not a drop of rain fell for the entire 24 hours.

Run duration: 30 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 140 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment