Saturday, May 21, 2011

You can trust Tyler Hamilton...he'd never lie.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Okay…so this cortisone stuff…well…it’s a keeper. For the past seven weeks, every time I’ve gotten up and taken a step, my knee has hurt…just for a few steps…but it’s hurt. I haven’t been able to squat and pick things up and most recently, the throbbing woke me up throughout the night. One day after the shot, I’m squatting normally and the knee has stop hurting following bouts of inactivity. Naturally, I want to rush to the park and do a run…but the doctor said ‘no’ and I’m always a good patient.

Instead, I went to my final training seminar to become a ‘Park Ambassador’ for the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I’m not sure in what capacity they will be using me, but the Ranger I spoke with indicated they’d like me to help with the kids who come to the summer camping educational program, which would be perfect for me. Since I had to be in attendance at the seminar, I was forced to miss Marie running in the 4x800 for the district track championships (first of two steps on the road to the State Meet). She again ran the fastest leg…by a lot…leading her team to victory and advancing them to the Regional Championships in one week. Top four at that meet advance to the State Meet. She’ll also be running this Friday in the 1600, 800 and the 4x400, which is a lot of racing. She’s strong and ready and I’m hoping for the best for her.

Finally, there was a retread story in the world of sports. Another known liar, caught using performance enhancing drugs which caused him to forfeit his Olympic medal, says now he’s telling the truth and you can definitely believe him. Tyler Hamilton, preparing to release a book coincidentally (sound familiar?), has come out and admitted that he saw Lance injecting EPO (a performance enhancing drug Tyler was caught using). I hope it helps your book sales, Tyler…as for me, I’ve read about all I can stand about…or from…you.

No comments:

Post a Comment