Thursday, June 14, 2012

My first hike...


Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Still concerned about the soreness in my knee but wondering whether and what would make it worse, I headed for the Metropark and a planned hike.  I arrived and parked where I would for my Survival Workout thinking that I should walk the bridle trails, avoiding hiking trails with roots that might trip me up...and shred my knee.  Since I was at my push-up station, I decided I’d do a set before hiking.  Hooking my feet over a rail and performing inverted push-ups may not have been my best decision, but it went okay and after 60, I dropped to the ground and began my hike.


It was just a hike.  Nothing particularly strenuous or fast and I stayed away fromt the hills.  I walked a mile, turned around and walked back.  As I approached the car, I began to notice some discomfort in the knee and was happy I was almost done.  What I was feeling may have been exactly what I was supposed to feel…I really don’t know.  I do know I was told I could walk and see what I could tolerate…a risky thing to tell me, but I was being cautious. 


I returned home and packed on the ice for the remainder of the evening and did get some satisfaction from watching the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Miami Heat and LeBron.  I’m not a vindictive man…well…maybe a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment