Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sore knee and eye infection...

Sunday, June 3, 2012
I’d done a lot of walking the day before and my knee was explaining the negatives of that decision by throbbing throughout the day.  No matter.  I made my way to the woods for my Survival Workout with the knowledge that I’d be calling Mark Mendeszoon the following day and bumping up my surgery.  I could afford to have it hurt a little more than usual, is what I figured.

What I hadn’t counted on was the eye infection.  My eyes had been burning by the day’s end on Saturday, but I attributed that to long hours in strong winds and having my contacts in for two hours longer than I would normally.  When they were still sore and scratchy all day, I knew I’d be picking up a prescription and treating them again.  Good thing I’m hard as nails.

I pushed hard during the workout, but failed to achieve any new pr’s.  I felt like riding afterwards, but the constant throbbing in my knee had me second guessing that move…even if Lance would have gone.  I ended up overeating during our spaghetti dinner and wishing I had done the ride and burned the calories.  I picture myself gaining ten pounds during the forced layoff I’ll be facing following surgery and I know sitting around is never a formula for resisting bad food choices…I get bored – I eat.

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment