Thursday, July 31, 2014

A real training ride...

Tuesday, July 29, 2014
I was determined to do something that resembled the kinds of workouts I’d been doing a summer ago when preparing for Tour Ohio.  In my current state, that meant riding.  I got home, changed and was on the bike by 6 p.m. thinking I could handle something I the two-hour neighborhood, but without a lot of climbing.  Which around here is almost impossible.
I pedaled through the park and down into Waite Hill.  I’d selected a course that, if I was in shape, would have taken a little over 90 minutes.  I wasn’t pushing hard, though I was breathing like I was.  I climbed from the Chagrin River up to Chapin Forest on Hobart Road, slowly but steadily over a 25-minute period.  The good news was that I’d return the way I’d come in half the time.
I reached the park and my turn around feeling pretty good and began the rapid descent back to the river.  I still had one more climb back out of the valley and took it slowly, but with seven miles left to home, was feeling pretty good.
The ride too about 20 minutes longer than usual, but I was encouraged about the way I was feeling.  Two rides in four days and maybe I could get myself in decent shape for some fall climbing in the Adirondacks, if just for a weekend.  The problem would be time; I wasn’t sure when Jason and I would get another rehab job, but once we did there would be little time for anything else.
Bike duration: One hour and 50 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.

Calories Burned: 1540.

No comments:

Post a Comment