Thursday, July 31, 2014

Abbreviated Survival Workout...

Monday, July 28, 2014
It was a tough day.  I had to let the Board president know that I’d accepted a position with Fieldstone Farm and would be leaving the Y.  There was so much still left to do there and he would be left spearheading the things I had put in motion.  For reasons I will not put in this blog, I really needed to move on.  He and other members of the Y had been wonderful to work with and I would miss them terribly.  The Y had an important mission it continues to serve in the Warren community and their leadership with further that cause.
I drove to the North Chagrin Reservation to meet Savannah and attempt the Survival Workout.  I started with push-ups, managing 75, with no apparent issue.  Then I tried my core workout.
“Oww…that hurts,” I said after three reps.
“Well then don’t do them,” Savannah suggested.
Thanks for that.
I tried some pull-ups, which involves the core as well and again, felt a pain across my abdomen.  I learned quickly that the stent and the recovery process did not allow for core work.  I went through the rest of the workout doing upper body lifts without pain, but avoided core and lower body.  We hiked up our karaoke hill and although I was breathing hard, it was a far cry from the exhausted effort I’d made hiking on level trails a few days earlier.  By the time we returned to the car, I’d managed ten different sets, broken a decent sweat, and discovered my limitations – for the time being.
Survival Workout: 30 minutes. 
Training Heart Rate: 100-150 bpm.

Calories Burned: 300.

No comments:

Post a Comment