Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Still remodeling...

Tuesday, July 8, 2014
I drove to Stow to meet Jason and tackle the remaining tasks we needed to complete to put his first remodel job behind us.  I received a call from Jason before I arrived asking to stop and pick up some essential equipment.

“Damn bees are everywhere.  Could you get some wasp spray and some juice?  I’m dying of thirst,” he said.

I was pretty sure he wasn’t dying, but figured I should accommodate him since he was dealing with the bees and the concrete.

I arrived at the site and immediately dove into completing our tasks.  I went around washing and replacing all the outlet plates I’d removed before painting, rehung shelving in closets and rehung doors.  I needed to do some sanding and touch-up painting, as well.  The house was stuffy and hot and the sweat was flowing.

It’s not exercise as defined in any fitness-related sense.  It is, however, activity that burns calories and keeps muscles toned.  Climbing, balancing, moving, carrying are all things that accomplish this end and likely the reason I’ve managed to go so long without formal workouts and no weight gain.  Still, I know I’m losing some strength and endurance and am anxious to get back to the Survival Workout, biking and running.  In the meantime, I’ll just keep working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment