Thursday, July 31, 2014

No luck working...

Thursday, July 24, 2014
I drove to work thinking about all I had to do to prepare for the evening’s Board meeting.  I knew I’d have a hundred messages in the ‘in box’ as well as mail to sort through and documents to create.  And I was feeling lousy.
I spent the first hour blasting through as much as I could with the realization I wasn’t going to make it too much longer.  I notified the Board president that he’d be running the meeting, created an agenda, copied financials and minutes, and after two hours, headed for home.

I spent the remainder of the day laying on the sofa and trying to manage the pain with the help of Percocet.  It took the edge off, but my back was so stiff and painful – I guessed from being flat on it since Sunday night – that again, I couldn’t find a comfortable position.  I tried eating a little something, but still had no appetite.  I knew I’d be doing more of the same tomorrow – work would be out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment