Thursday, July 31, 2014

Feeling better...

Sunday, July 27, 2014
I texted Jason early and asked when he’d like me to come by to help with the garage.  In the meantime, I’d decided my own needed some serious attention.
Since I’d begun J & J Home Maintenance with Jason and spent so much time painting and remodeling our first home, I’d been piling supplies and materials in the garage.  Add to that Savannah’s accumulation of stuff from her Columbus apartment and my complete lack of time or caring about the ensuing mess and I found my garage was suffering from the perfect storm. 
I spent the next two hours cleaning, hauling stuff to the curb, stacking and restacking and organizing until I reached the point where I could again easily park two vehicles inside without bumping doors into stored junk.  It was very humid and I was sweating profusely.  Knowing that I’d been in the hospital largely as a result of dehydration, I filled and refilled my water cup and drank.
I went to Jason’s for several hours to install a stud wall before returning home to make the family dinner, which was chicken fettuccini.  Heavy, but delicious.  My father-in-law and I watched Clint Eastwood starring in ‘The Eiger Sanction’.  Clint seemed to be in great shape for this movie, based on killing and mountain climbing, and watching some of the footage of climbers left me wondering again how anyone could want to hang on the side of a mountain with a little piece of metal pounded into a rock the difference between life and death.  Clint did not successfully reach the top, but he did get credit for killing half a dozen people.

Though not a day with formal exercise, I burned a lot of calories, dropped quarts of sweat and felt more like myself than I had in over a week.  Recovery was slow, but it was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment