Sunday, January 10, 2016

Creed...

Thursday, January 7, 2016

For the first time in three weeks, I had some stomach discomfort while working at the farm.  I replayed the previous day and meals and could come up with nothing out of the ordinary that might have been the reason.  As has been the case since this began again, I chalked it up to bad luck and assumed it would go away.  It got to the point where I knew I’d be happier in my own bathroom at home than making constant trips at the farm and so left a couple of hours early to do just that.

By late afternoon, the cramps were gone and I decided I didn’t want to spend the evening around the house, so I looked up the playing times for the movie ‘Creed’ and headed for a showing at Regal Cinemas.

Now, I’ve read some good things about the latest ‘Rocky’ movie and was anxious to see it.  I went alone because I don’t know anyone who felt the same.  Being old, I paid on $5 for the privilege and had the theatre almost to myself.  From the opening scenes and the accompanying sound track, I knew it was going to be good and would bring forth emotions in my I seldom felt watching a movie; it stirred me deeply. 

It is the story of the illegitimate son of Apollo Creed, Rocky’s greatest nemesis and, in the end, possibly his closest friend.  Of course the boy has a ‘fighting’ gene, one he seems unable to control, and wants to explore his potential – with the help of his father’s close friend – Rocky Balboa.  Enough said.  The movie uses just enough nostalgia and plays on the love of Rocky in ways to keep you riveted without making you feel like you’re watching a continuation of Rocky’s life.  It is about the son, his emotions, his demons, his life…and the acting is quite good.  I’ll see it again.

I came home emotionally wrung.  I climbed on the bike and rode for an hour before eating some leftover tuna casserole and then heading to bed.  It was a good day…regardless of some stomach discomfort.
Bike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 135 bpm.
Calories Burned: 750.

No comments:

Post a Comment