Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Here comes the snow...

Sunday, January 10, 2016
I am quite proud of myself in that, to this point in 2016, I have yet to write ‘2015’.  Little victories.

After a second day of breakfast at Kleifelds with Bob and hearing more of his woes regarding his condominium issues as well as a need for guidance in relationship issues, saw again what a good match we are.

“Let me remind you, Bob, I am a total ‘babe’ magnet.  Now…I can’t possibly be dating them all, so if we’re, you know, hanging out all the time, I’ll be able to introduce you,” I said.

“Hey…thanks a bunch, Romeo,” he said, though sarcastically I was thinking.

I drove back to the farm after breakfast to meet again with the plumber.  Knowing him, I arrived a half hour late to find that he wasn’t there.  Naturally, I called to give him an ear full.

“I just left to go home and get something I forgot,” he said, without a preamble.

“You get any dumber and you’re going to be me,” I said.

He completed shutting down the automatic waterers in two of the horse stalls, but had the water shut down as the temperature plummeted below freezing.  I was concerned, but he assured me things wouldn’t freeze up that quickly.  Having spent seven years in the car wash business, I had my doubts as to this piece of wisdom.  Tomorrow would tell.

Snow began falling in the late afternoon, so I slipped in a ride on the trainer before meeting Kimberly for a hike with Dakota.  By the time we got there, the trees were covered with a heavy, wet snow and limbs were groaning…and snapping off…from the weight.  With the wind whistling, I recommended we turn around before one of the limbs found us.  Dakota was disappointed, but agreed.  Again, the hike was not quite long enough to consider part of the workout, but better than sitting home and watching snow fall.

And watch it I did as the night progressed.  I began to fill with anxiety thinking that I’d have to get in quite early, get the plow on the truck (haven’t needed it yet!), and get plowing before the first car arrived and made plowing that much more difficult.  That would likely mean making it there by 5 a.m., not something I relished.

Bike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 135 bpm.
Calories Burned: 750.

No comments:

Post a Comment