Thursday, March 10, 2016

"He's right here..."

Wednesday, March 9, 2016
“John...Tutti’s halter got caught on her stall door and ripped it off!” a member of the barn staff told me.  She had Tutti on her halter next to her as she explained what had happened.

“So where is Tutti?” I asked…wondering about the stall – not the horse.

“Umm…she’s right here,” she said, nodding her head to the 1,200 pounds of horse flesh three feet from my nose.

“I see the horse…I meant the stall,” I said, smiling.

Another horse had knocked its locking mechanism all to hell on the way in and so my morning was all about fixing stall doors, which threw my prearranged plan for the day out the window…but I kind of like it that way.

Though I’ve been paying extra attention to my heel with icing and a night splint, I have found that by day’s end, or on this particular day…noon…I was hurting more than usual.  My steps were about what they always are and I would accomplish 10,000 by nightfall, but I must admit that I am very pleased with m decision to have surgery. 

I picked up Dakota and drove to the park for a Survival Workout just as the rain began to fall.  I did the workout regardless and then drove home thinking I had the night free and soon would be unable to do my workouts so that maybe a ride on the trainer was in order.  I managed an hour on the bike before deciding it was enough.

I’d made a batch of quinoa, which is really about what I add to it.  I chopped up fresh onions, tomatoes, green pepper, and mushrooms to which I squeezed in some fresh garlic.  I added two pounds of ground turkey meat and spiced it in a way I could never repeat and to this concoction, I added six scrambled eggs. I then dump the quinoa into this mix and I'm done.  It’s high protein, low in fat and calories, and actually tastes pretty good. 

After all that I’d done and the great dinner I’d ingested, it seemed only appropriate that I finish it with a bowl of ice cream topped with maple syrup.  Too much good health might kill me.
Bike Duration: 60 minutes.  Survival Workout: 60 minutes
Training Heart Rate: 135 biking and 100-150 for the SW
Calories Burned: 750 biking and 600 on the SW
Bonus: 10,500 steps for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment