Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Almost a year...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I don’t give up easily. I want to run again and I refuse to believe that I can’t run on hard surfaces, so I went to the Metropark to determine the condition of the trails. They were hard enough for sure…in fact there was more ice than snow on them and skates would have been more appropriate. I slipped and slid for about 7 minutes before deciding I was a step from another fall. I cut through some deep snow to the road and jogged over to the all-purpose trail. About a hundred feet down the trail, my achilles twinged and I stopped. Hard surfaces got me again.

I know its warming up into the fifties over the next few days, so I should just wait to run the trails then…in the mud…which I kind of like anyway. I headed for home disappointed, but not surprised. Holly had said she was hungry and wanted to have dinner soon…but I know her and since she was in her office, I had at least an hour and probably more time to get in my boring, stationary bike ride.

I’m at the end of season three of Lost and should be moving on to season four soon. I’d like to get through season five before the weather breaks to the point that I’m not on the trainer, though I’m probably going to be staying inside until I can figure out what to do about a road bike. Mine is shot and buying a new one right now just isn’t in the cards. Maybe I should ride the Trek, with a supposed cracked frame, until it breaks down. And if I can run…well…cycling won’t matter as much anyway.

I’m four days from completing my first year of writing this blog and exercising almost every day. I’m going to go over that year and review the progress in the coming days, but it has been a most excellent adventure…and one I intend to continue. Thanks for reading.

PS: I still don’t know what’s going to happen to the blog site. I’ve been trying to post to my new site johnrolf@blogspot.com but can’t seem to do it while healthnutslol.blogspot.com exists. If I can’t post to health nuts after the 19th, I’ll start anew with the johnrolf site, so look me up.

Bike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 130.
Calories burned during workout: 900.

No comments:

Post a Comment