Monday, February 14, 2011

Preparing for heavy calories...

Friday, February 11, 2011
May be moving to a new site soon.  johnrolf@blogspot.com  Read on...
For the last two years, I’ve paid ten bucks to have my blog setup. I did it through ‘Go Daddy’ when I got started and figured that was just the price…which didn’t seem to be too bad. I’ve been getting renewal notices for the last month and I remember my buddy, Jimmy, asking me why I was paying at all? “Blogging is free, John…are you stupid or something?”

Not only am I not stupid…I’m at least three times as smart as Jimmy…but I’m cheap, too. If I don’t have to pay, why am I? Having said that, I sent an email off to ‘Go Daddy’ wondering why, if blogging is free to the rest of the world…I’m paying them? They haven’t answered. Probably worried that if I don’t send in my $7 (I’ve been getting notices for a 30% discount if I sign up NOW!), they’ll crumble like a sand castle on the beach getting hit by a wave.

So…just in case…I’ve developed a back up plan to not paying. I’ve started another blog site where I’m posting the same story each day and its johnrolf@blogspot.com. I know…clever name…but a hell of a lot easier to remember. If they can shut me down at johnrolf@healthnutslol.blogspot.com, I’m prepared to move on…without paying the $7 protection/extortion fee. Anyway…you millions of readers…be prepared to look for me on a different…free…site.

I went to the Metropark on what could be the last cold day for a while. I figured maybe another 40 minute run and then home for some time on the bike. Savannah was on her way from Columbus for a weekend visit and the chance to see Jack going out to his first formal dance and she had requested mega-calories for the weekend. We were scheduled for Annie Ann hot dogs for dinner, waffles with whipped cream and strawberries for Saturday’s breakfast and chicken and dumplings for Sunday’s dinner. I’d gain 5 pounds if I didn’t do some proactive exercising.

I decided to stay on the bridle trails…the only consistently, well-packed running surface in the park at the time. I was cruising along quite easily and decided maybe 50 minutes would be in order. I hit the turnaround and was feeling great until I hit minute 46, where I felt a sudden twinge in my right hamstring just below the buttocks. I slowed quickly and slogged the remaining 5 minutes back to the car without incident. Close. When I retuned home, I straddled the bike and put in 30 minutes more and felt ready for the major calories on the horizon.

Bike duration: 30 minutes. Run duration: 51 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 130 biking. 140 running.
Calories burned during workout: 450 biking. 870 running.

No comments:

Post a Comment