Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Worthless and weak...

Monday, February 14, 2011


I really wish Holly would never bake again. I simply have no will power when it comes to cookies and milk…and she just had to go and make those chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips again. I know you just have to say “no” to these temptations, but it’s a hell of a lot easier to say “no” when they’re not in the house.

I went to the Metropark thinking I’d try out the trails for a run. I quickly discovered that they’d become too soft for a meaningful run and I’m getting tired of breaking through the snow regardless of how good a workout it is. I could move back to hiking and the bike for a time, but I really want to run so I moved to the paved paths. I hadn’t gone 5 minutes when I felt a sharp twinge in my right achilles and immediately stopped. I just don’t know what it is about the hard surfaces that’s giving me trouble…but they clearly are and I need to stay away.

So…after only 5 minutes of running, I was heading for home thinking about riding the bike when Holly called. “I’m sooooo cold. Wouldn’t you like to go and get me gas for a Valentine’s Day present?”

Well…no…I hate to get gas…but that’s not quite how I responded. “I’d love nothing more, honey. I’ll go out as soon as I get home.” Which I did…and got it washed, too. Holly came along and by the time we’d visited her parents, done some banking and returned home and had dinner, it was 8 o’clock and I was no longer in the mood to ride the bike. So I didn’t.

I know…worthless and weak…again. I really have problems with getting in the mood to start exercising twice in the same day. I believe I’ll try for the park again tomorrow and maybe do some running even though I’ll likely be cursing the melting base. Cursing…now there’s something I never mind starting up more than once a day…

Run duration: 5 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 140 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: Hardly worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment