Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's a tough song to sing...

Monday, February 07, 2011

Well…if you’re a Packer’s fan, it was a great Super Bowl. I am…and it was. It was actually a very entertaining game and I thought the Steelers had the better team, but made the crucial errors which created the Packers chance for victory…and they grabbed it.

I was a little disappointed in the singing of the National Anthem, though. Christina Aguilera’s performed almost flawlessly…almost. I know the lyrics aren’t the easiest to remember, but they are what they are and if you don’t know them, you shouldn’t be singing them on America’s biggest stage. There could be no greater honor than being asked to perform the National Anthem and anyone who gets it ought to be totally committed to doing it correctly. If that means auditioning and then practicing a couple of hundred times to make sure it’s perfect…then do it. If that’s what Christina did and then made the error in spite of those efforts…okay…she’s human and we make mistakes, but anyone performing this song has to be held to the highest standard.

I arrived at the Metropark for what would likely be the last run in reasonably warm winter weather. The forecast was calling for single digits in the coming days…which I actually kind of enjoy. The trails had a little more pack to them and the going wasn’t quite as strenuous, but I still found my legs and hips aching from the strain by the end of a 41-minute run. I’d felt a little tightness in my achilles around the 30-minute mark, but it went away and the run was successful. Forty minutes is enough for now and I need to remind myself of that and not go beyond.

I put in some hard labor completing the de-icing of the driveway when I got home. It’s the best upper body workout I’ve had in some time as my aching muscles reminded me for the remainder of the night. Just in time for another deep freeze…

Run duration: 41 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 140 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 700.

No comments:

Post a Comment