Monday, October 3, 2011

Have to be on my guard...

Saturday, October 1, 2011

It was Heidi’s birthday and I was out getting some groceries for tomorrow’s celebration. I was waiting in the checkout line at Heinen’s…waiting for the customer in front of me to have their alcoholic purchase registered. It was taking a little extra time because the cashier…obviously under the age of 21 and therefore too young to touch an unopened container of wine, had gone to retrieve and older cashier who could legally conduct the transaction and keep the younger cashier purer and untainted by touching such a bottle. I don’t know…I sure don’t condone people drinking before they’ve reached the legal age limit…but not touching a closed container when working as a cashier in a place that sells it? I’m missing something…and I know I often do…but this seems ridiculously silly to me.

The rains continued so I decided to do the Survival Workout in the morning and prayed that things might change for an afternoon ride. They didn’t. I know we’re only like five inches shy of the all-time rainfall for a year…and we have three months left. The forecast is sun starting Monday and I’m going to get out on the bike every night.

I have to confess that I’ve slipped badly on the Paleo diet. I’ve been eating pretty much whatever is being served instead of making my own. I’m still eating lots of fruit and making killer smoothies, but have to be careful with desserts and things in bags. Fall is here and that makes my workouts tougher and the holidays close on fall’s heels. For me…weight gaining time…unless I put up a good fight.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600.

No comments:

Post a Comment