Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Writer...

Thursday, October 27, 2011
A famous philosopher once said “if you want to be a writer...write.  If you want to get in shape...work out.  If you want something to write about, write about working out.”  Anyway ...that’s the way I heard it...so about two years ago...I did. 

And here I am, a little over 321,000 words later (Microsoft word adds them up for me) about to become a real writer.  I met with Marla Zwinggi, Editor of Ohio Sport & Fitness this evening and agreed to write articles for the magazine...which is what I’m calling ‘real’ writing.  I think I’ll still have to keep my day job, but writing about fitness is a passion and this is a step towards my ultimate goal...a book about getting and staying fit without a gym or expensive equipment...all done in my own particular style.  I’ll be working on an article about proper foot care for the December edition and will likely be looking more closely at the barefoot running craze.  I’m really excited about where this relationship will take me.  Good places, I’m certain.

Game six of the World Series started out with both teams playing like they were full of the jitters.  Six errors were committed through 7 innings during which the Rangers had managed to build a lead of 7 to 4.  I’d hopped on the trainer in the third and had an hour in by the time the Cards closed the score to 7 to 5 with a home run.  Though the Rangers were still up by two, my baseball radar for disasters started pinging...a sure sign that the Rangers were going to blow it and there would be a seventh game tomorrow.  I didn’t want to see them blow it, so I got off the bike and headed for a shower and bed.  If they managed to pull it out, well, I’d have that to look forward to in the morning paper...but I really doubted it.  If they didn’t win, I’d be headed for Don’s tomorrow night to watch game seven.

Bike workout:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 130 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  750.

No comments:

Post a Comment