Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Last ride before the rains return...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I was scheduled for a Survival Workout, but the weather forecast for the next 40 days and 40 nights was rain…and that would mean less riding. The skies were overcast, but it wasn’t raining yet and so I opted for a ride figuring I could do the Survival Workout tomorrow…even if it was raining.

I didn’t plan to ride hard…just long. I took my Gates Mills course and hit the top of the hill on Sperry in 54 minutes or about 3 minutes faster than I’d ever gotten there before. From there, I just tried to hold it and did. I pr’d the course…riding 2 minutes faster than I ever had before. I know the rains are coming and this really may be the last ride after work I can get in for awhile. The leaves are changing and the days are getting shorter and so is the time to ride. Ah well…I really do have to go longer into the fall and winter riding outside. I CANNOT spend three months on that trainer!

I attempted to get back to a solid Paleo dinner. I grabbed a couple of chicken breasts from the freezer and placed them in the toaster oven for a 45-minute bake while watching the Tigers/Rangers game. I suppose it would have been a better meal if I’d tried seasoning them in some way. I didn’t and just ate them straight from the oven. They were pretty bland, but I had some yogurt with raisins and nuts to give me something with a little taste.

Bike workout: One hour and 42 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 130 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 1,450.

No comments:

Post a Comment