Friday, October 21, 2011

So pleased that we've broken the rainfall record...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011
I was so pleased to see that Cleveland is now ranking with the wettest cities in the country and is 20 inches of rain above the average.  Even better, we now own the all-time annual rainfall total...at least for the 144 years that nayone has bothered to track that kind of useful information. What’s even better is we did it in 10 months and have two left to obliviate it.  Got that going for us.

Since it was raining…again…and I knew I couldn’t ride and I needed to pick up Heidi from Akron, I elected to head there after work with the hope it would stop at some point and maybe I could get something in when I returned.  We drove back to Cleveland in a driving rain and it just never stopped. 

I must admit that I was simply depressed.  I’m letting the constant rain get to me.  I could have ridden the trainer, but I just said ‘to hell with it’ and did nothing...or almost nothing.  The first game of the World Series was on and so I flopped on the couch in the family room and dialed it in.  I had the same Paleo dinner as yesterday while I watched and felt hardly any guilt at all over not exercising.  Look...we broke the damn record...so let’s just call a halt to the wet stuff until 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment