Monday, November 21, 2011

Knee pain setting in...

Friday, November 18, 2011
I was committed to getting as much painting done for John and Teri as I could over the weekend and leading up to their move-in date next week.  Workouts would have to suffer, but I saw the opportunity to get in a Survival Workout before heading to their place and managed to squeeze it in.  I miss the days of long rides after work and wonder often how people cope in the northern climates with days even shorter than ours.  I suspect I wouldn’t do well with Alaska winters and limited daylight for months at a time.

I managed to get in another 5 hours of painting, but my knee is beginning to get very troublesome.  It’s the same one with the torn meniscus and I think the constant up and down on the ladder coupled with kneeling to do floor trim has taken a toll.  I’m guessing that once I finish and get back to my normal routine, the pain will subside.  For now, I’ll take some Advil and stick with it.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600.

No comments:

Post a Comment