Monday, November 14, 2011

What a day...

Sunday, November 13, 2011
It was going to be another day that I’d have to do some cramming if I was to get everything done I intended.  I had to exercise...a given.  I needed to rake the yard again, have the family for dinner before Savannah left for Columbus and get back over to John’s for some more painting.

I was outside raking by 8 a.m. and managed almost two hours before driving Jack to church and jumping into the park for a run.  My feet have been sore for some time, but as I started the run, they were really giving me fits.  The pain appears to be in the heel on both feet and I can only figure it’s the new running shoes.  They’re a minimalist pair of Saucony’s , which means they have a lot less cushion in the heel for the runner utilizing a forefront foot strike.  Problem is...I’m still striking too hard on the heel I figure...and thus the pain.  The last 10 minutes of a 40-minute run with extremely painful, but I sucked it up and finished.

Once home, I finished the leaves with the tractor before company arrived.  I also managed to reconstruct a drawer with a bottom dropping out in one of Holly’s old cabinets...something she’d asked me about in the previous century...but for which I knew I could earn back some of the points I’d lost for not getting the tires replaced.

Dinner was baked spaghetti...regular spaghetti with lots of cheese and bacon...and brownies.  Again, I found myself in a negative calorie situation, so I called John and told him I’d be over for some more aerobic painting.  I managed another five hours of neck-straining ceiling work...the cathedral ceiling in the Master Bedroom was a real bastard...where I had a solid sweat rolling.

I called Holly on the way home to suggest a walk hoping she’d say she was too tired since I was shot and my feet were killing me.  “Sounds good,” I heard her say and cursed my luck.  We did the short version...only 25 minutes around the block...but once home, had two more of those Anne Ann hot dogs.

So...another day of lots of calories in...lots of calories out.  This is a lot easier in the summer when I can take three hour bike rides.  I could just stop eating all the crap...

Run workout:  40 minutes.  Leaf raking: 2 hours.  Painting:  5 hours.  Walk: 25 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 140 bpm running.
Calories burned during workout:  600 running, 600 raking, 1,000 painting, 125 walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment