Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Zero activity

Tuesday, November 21, 2011
I couldn’t find a comfortable position for most of the night as the pain in my left knee kept me awake.  I went to work in the morning dismayed.  A week ago I’d been thinking that the torn meniscus was manageable and I’d not need surgery.   Today...it seemed inevitable.   I limped throughout the day and returned home with a plan to keep it elevated and resting for the evening...though I really don’t think it matters much at this point.  I don’t want to have surgery, but if I’m going to be so limited in what I can do...climbing around on my knees and using a step ladder for a day shouldn’t cripple me...I may as well get it done.  I’m planning on doing some final painting on Wednesday and then giving it some time to calm down.  If that works, I’ll put it off again.  If not...I’ll call Nilesh and schedule the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment