Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New push-up records and worsening knee issue...

Monday, November 20,2011
My knee ached as I drove to the Metropark for my Survival Workout.  I knew I could at least walk to the different stations and do the lifting moves without making it any worse...or so I reasoned.

I started as I always do, dropping to the ground next to the car for the first set of push-ups.  When I hit 50 with no slacking in my pace, I knew I had a shot at my pr of 74.  I hit that number and continued to squeeze them out, finishing with 78 and beginning to think that I might hit 100 some day.  As I hiked between stations, it became apparent that walking was going to be very painful...but doable.  In fact, I made through the entire routine hitting excellent numbers and crushing my three set push-up pr with a new total of 216.  It continues to motivate me to track these records and have something measurable telling me ‘you’re still making progress’.

I headed to my painting assignment and put in another 4 hours.  I was up and down the stairs a number of times and on the ladder quite a bit.  Neither was having a positive impact on my knee and by the time I got home, I could hardly walk.  Maybe a good night’s rest would help, though I doubted it.  I could see sunshine and a warming trend in the forecast and was hoping to get some rides in over the holidays, so it was imperative that I nurse my knee back to health...quickly.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.  Painting duration: 4 hours
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600 for Survival Workout and 800 painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment