Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Interviewing Mark Mendeszoon

Monday, December 5, 2011
As so many of you know, I’m the new ‘In the Long Run’ columnist for Ohio Sports and Fitness Magazine.  The December edition is an on-line magazine and my first assignment included visiting with and interviewing Mark Mendeszoon, owner of the ‘Achilles Running Shop’ in Mentor.  My biggest interest was in finding out more about the minimalist running shoe movement...the pros and cons of barefoot running.  As you may also know, I received a pair of those somewhat minimalist shoes that day and ran in them for a week before experiencing severe heel pain and putting them aside.  My own fault, naturally.  I ignored the doctor’s advice and did too much too soon in a pair of shoes designed for more of a forefoot strike while still running heel/toe.  Anyway...check it out at www.youtube.com/watch?v=afrJE8jCkLA

It was another day without activity.  I was trying for a Survival Workout, but the unrelenting rains pushed me to the sidelines.  I cooked a Paleo dinner for Holly and me, at least.  I scrambled some eggs and mixed in chicken breast, onions, mushrooms and spinach.  I’m trying hard between parties to control the calories.  If I can make it through the holidays gaining only a few pounds, I will consider it a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment