Saturday, December 10, 2011

'Secretariat'...what a horse.

Thursday, December 08, 2011
The Survival Workout was less than my best effort today.  I started pretty well...83 push-ups and lifted my log more times than I ever had before...but that was about it.  I added a new lift...10 clean and jerks with a 50-pound rock.  Its great core work...and really total body, including cardio if you put 10 together in quick succession.  I was able to climb the swing set post again since the pole was dry...but very cold.  I kept bumping up against deer wherever I went, too.  At one point, I had eight watching me lifting my rock. 

I returned home, plugged in the movie ‘Secretariat’ and began to ride.  It’s a great movie and if Holly hadn’t come home, I’d have ridden until the end.  Instead, I made it 95 minutes before quitting. 

Holly suggested we go someplace good for dinner and I threw out Pizzazz and calzones.  It’s not exactly Paleolithic, but I love their Sicilian calzone.  I had a diet Pepsi to wash it down and nothing else...so not too heavy on the calories.  Tomorrow...Kirtland Country Club for a Christmas party and more temptation.  I’ll do my best not to be ‘worthless and weak’.

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.  Bike duration: 95 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150 for SW, 120 for bike.
Calories burned:  600 for SW, 1330 for bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment