Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pushing to the limit...

Thursday, December 1, 2011
Once again I started a workout with a pr push-up effort, managing 87.  My knee had been feeling better and I’d also decided to start testing it with more bounding and sprinting moves through the workout.  I started with a set of bounds up and over a picnic table and followed it with a set of sprints up a steep bridle path.  My sides were heaving when I finished my third sprint and crested the hill...something I haven’t done often over the past few weeks...and it felt good to hurt that much.

I hit a good number on my second set of push-ups and all of my lifts were going well.  I found, as I often do this time of year, that the swing set pole was too slick to climb.  I’m going to have to purchase some water-proofed gloves...the cheapie cotton things dipped in some kind of rubber compound...if I’m to keep these climbs in my routine and that is something I really want to do.  I am making some plans to move some of my lifts inside though, as the realist in me understands once we have over a foot of snow on the ground, I’ll have some workout issues.

I continued to push hard throughout the workout and when I returned to the car for my final set of push-ups, my upper body was feeling the fatigue.  Still, I could break my 3-set pr if I could reach 80 again.  When I hit 50, I knew I was through managing with an extreme effort to squeeze out another 10.  I’d managed 220 though...my third best effort ever.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600.

No comments:

Post a Comment