Saturday, January 8, 2011

Can't be reached? Really?

Friday, January 7, 2011

Well…it’s been awhile…but looks like we’ve got some more corruption with government officials lining their pockets at the expense of local tax payers. I won’t bore you with the details…the PD did a good job telling the story of road-salt vendors playing games, schmoozing government officials and overcharging for their product….at our expense. The part that I like so much is how many of the folks suspected of wrongdoing can’t be reached.

There was a time when I could understand that. Remember when there were no cell phones, email, Blackberries and other such things that made us available instamatic ally? I do…and I miss it. One of the great things about going to the Adirondacks is that I can’t be reached. No cell reception unless you’re on top of a mountain…and even then its spotty. I’m not telling you anything you don’t know. You can ALWAYS be reached…right?

So anyway, the PD tried to reach some folks who received free stuff…like Browns tickets (gotta wonder what they were thinking here) to ask they a couple of questions, but the paper says they “could not be reached for comment”. I’m thinking the PD is pretty good at getting a hold of people…probably knew their phone numbers, where they lived and worked…that kind of stuff, but couldn’t reach them? Another official “did not return telephone calls for a comment”. So what I’m thinking is…well…they could have been reached…but they need to have a word…or twenty…with their attorney first.

I went to see Kim compete in an indoor meet at the University of Akron. Very sweet 300 meter track, though I hate that they won’t let you anywhere near the track. I like to get down at street level for good pictures. Anyway, she won the mile in 5:01 and ran a pr in the 800. She’s a distance runner…hoping for a shot at the nationals in the 5K, but doing the smart thing early in the season by running shorter distances to make herself faster. She’s already got the endurance from off-season base building, but you can only get speed like she’ll need by running the shorter distances. Marie will be doing the same thing next weekend, running an 800 at the GaReat indoor track in Ashtabula.

I elected not to run a fourth day in a row. I was pretty sore from yesterday’s meeting of rock hard ice, ass and elbow. I did put in 60 minutes on the trainer though…and I didn’t eat any crap. Not a bad day…

Bike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 130 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 900.

No comments:

Post a Comment