Monday, January 24, 2011

The Pack is Back

Sunday, January 23, 2011

To me, the best day for NFL football is League Championship Sunday…not the Super Bowl. There is such excitement and energy playing the game that gets you there that, for me, it exceeds the finale. I’ve spent my life as a Green Bay Packers fan. I not sure why, really, but have liked them since a very young age. I grew up in Connecticut where most folks rooted for the Red Sox, but for football…well…there were no Patriots yet. I liked they way they played in the coldest, harshest environment in the NFL. They were tough and they were for me. Anyway, they were in the Championship game against the Bears and I’d be watching.

It was brutally cold outside…around 8 degrees…but John and I were scheduled for a hike. He texted me though, saying his viral infection had returned and he was going to need a rain check. I did the only other thing I could do with the game looming…I hopped on the trainer for an hour ride.

The Packers won a pretty good game and will be meeting Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl in two weeks. I’m looking forward to the game…and the commercials. I particularly like the baby in the crib that’s all about stock trading, but he may be getting too old to make commercials. Jack and I spent time near the end of the game creating his running program for the remainder of the winter. He’s suddenly gotten the bug to be really good this year and wants to set the school record in the 800. I should have known something was up when he was going out for runs in the morning and the evening and watching ‘Without Limits’ the story of America’s greatest middle distance runner – Steve Prefontaine. He couldn’t have picked a better running role model.

Bike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 130 biking.
Calories burned during workout: 900 biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment