Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"The Curse has attached itself to LeBron"

Monday, June 13, 2011

So…LeBron will have to continue in his quest for a championship ring. Few people in Cleveland were distressed about this news. I was speaking to the most rabid fan I know, Don Alexander, on the subject and he couldn’t have been happier. “You know what I think? I think ‘The Curse’ has permanently attached itself to LeBron,” he said. By ‘The Curse’, he was referring to Cleveland’s inability to win a championship in any sport…our last coming from the Browns in 1964. Ours is worse than Boston’s…something that resulted in the Red Sox not winning a World Series for 86 years, because ours affects ALL of our professional teams…not just the Indians. Don has told me it will persist because there is so much pressure to win placed on any team or individual, that they can’t help but to fail in a critical situation. How do you argue against it?

“Yeah…’The Curse’ saw what he did as SO diabolical, that it decided to attach itself to LeBron. I think we’ve got a chance now. Look at the way the Indians are playing…except for lately…and how about those great draft picks we got in basketball?” Don’s logic was…well…Don’s logic. I hope he’s right.

I did a 30-minute run on my favorite trail wanting to try out the knee after feeling some ache following the run on the golf path during the vacation. It felt good for the run and when I returned home, I weighed in at 186.5. I’m getting close to needing new clothes, but I know I will continue to lose as long as I follow the Paleo Diet and stick to the workouts, so I guess I’ll wait another 10 pounds. I haven’t been this psyched about getting in shape since my old triathlon days over 20 years ago.

Run duration: 30 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 140 bpm
Calories burned during workout: 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment