Friday, June 3, 2011

Paleo diet continues...

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What a difference 24 hours…or a 20-degree temperature swing…can make. It almost felt cold as I prepared for my run in the park. I suppose it was in the mid-70’s and the humidity was certainly down as I started down the trail. My hamstrings were still sore from Monday’s yard work, but other than that, I was feeling like I could run really fast. I knew better than to try…I’m still trying to take it easy on the knee and I had done something vaguely resembling running the day before.

I cruised through a 33-minute run with no pain in the knee. I always feel like I’ve been launched from a cannon when running on cool days after extremely hot ones. The down side was that I didn’t get to enjoy the refreshing waters of Clear Creek…though I’m sure the summer will provide ample opportunities.

The Paleo diet continues to go well. Holly joined me for some baked flounder which I’d doused in some fancy spiced olive oil that Heidi had insisted we buy for her Mother’s Day meal. I had some Bob Evan’s cold slaw and corn with mine and figured I chase it with a Smoothie later. I was up a pound after the weekend of boating and was reluctant to check the weight again. I seldom do check, but since I’m anxious to see the scale dip below 190, I’ll probably check until I do.

Run duration: 33 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 145 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 550.

No comments:

Post a Comment