Thursday, June 9, 2011

Morning after blues...

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I was being bad and playing hooky from church again. I knew we had a graduation to attend in the afternoon and I still had a lot of packing to do for the trip, so I wanted to get something done at the only time I had. So I did.

I made it an extra-difficult survival workout, doing three sets on all the major body parts and running 26 minutes to the different stations. I’d been a slacker of the past two days…trying to fit in life and the track meet…so I wanted to really blast myself. I succeeded and was trembling as I re-entered the car to pick Jack up.

We went to Heidi’s boyfriend Matt’s graduation party later in the afternoon. His family eats about as healthy as you can eat and the fare was excellent for a Paleo man. Matt’s father Mike is an old friend…he was my Physical Therapist when I was doing crazy things to myself as a younger man and I needed help mending from injuries. He was very interested in the Paleo Diet and still wants to get to the woods to see the survival workout. I could use him for ideas on how to attack hard to reach muscle groups with what I have available in the woods. He loves the concept of functional training though, and feels that what I’m attempting to do is clearly the way to go.

I ate chicken and fruit and passed on the amazing-looking blueberry cobbler. The longer I follow the diet…the easier it becomes to pass on desserts that, a short time ago I would have dove into head-first.  Later that night, I texted Kim that I was suffering from post-state meet blues.  She told me to get someone else to train.  Well Jack, I guess that's you for now.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes. Run workout: 28 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm for workout, 140 bpm running.
Calories burned during workout: 600 for survival workout. 425 running.

No comments:

Post a Comment