Monday, June 20, 2011

Dealing with a more serious injury...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I’ve got quite a challenge on my hands right now. I’ve been dropping weight regularly since beginning the Paleo Diet and refocusing my training to include muscular endurance, which I’ve been getting via the Survival Workout. Everything was good until this past Tuesday when I really messed up my knee with the possible meniscus tear.

I walked around in extreme pain throughout the day worrying about what I was going to be able to do to maintain the weight loss, conditioning and momentum I’ve had going for the last couple of months. Running is out. Hiking with a pack is out. Riding is out for now. Those are my bid three and I do not have easy access to a pool should I want to start swimming. Kayaking could be good, but the time necessary to get the boat to the water really limits how much of this I can do. Of course…I can continue to monitor the calorie intake and do the upper body and core portions of the Survival Workout…which I will. I’ll do what I can, see what the doc says next Thursday after the MRI and take it from there. Holding the weight at the current level is my goal for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment