Thursday, June 16, 2011

No exercise for now...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I limped through the day at work and sent the appropriate emails to get in for my MRI. I considered what exercise I could do and concluded kayaking was my only option, but the pain was pretty severe and I elected to go home, pack the knee in ice, and read ‘The Last American Man’. It’s a great book Kim passed to me about the life of Eustace Conway. He lives on 1,000 acres of woods in North Carolina in a teepee and tries to bring his message of giving up creature comforts for the simplicity of living off and respecting the land. He has summer camps for kids and adults where he teaches the basics of accomplishing this, but more importantly exposing all who come to a life that embraces rather than abuses nature. Anyway, I’m in the early chapters, but fascinated.

On another happy note…Holly bought me some pants about 10 years ago with a 34 inch waist. I was unable to wear them at the time…she’d gotten them for Christmas and I’d added my winter weight…but I kept them because I was sure I’d be slimming down soon. Well…they’ve stayed on a shelf in my closet because I was too proud to admit I couldn’t get down there again. This morning I tried them on and found that, though just a touch snug, they basically fit. I hung them in the closet determined to lose the next 10 pounds and get to the point where they fit loosely. Maybe I’ll never be able to wear them because I’ll return to the 32” waist of my triathloning days. In any event, I can now confirm that I’ve peeled at least 4 inches from my waist. Good way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment