Thursday, June 16, 2011

Something popped.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I was feeling pretty good after yesterday’s run and reaching a twenty year low in weight. I started my workout with 50 push-ups and some log lifting before running easily down the bridle path to my next workout station. Somewhere in that 2-minute run, I felt the knee throbbing and decided I’d back off running between stations. I did however try my high skips and on about the fifth landing, felt something locking in my knee. I stopped immediately and walked it off, but suspected something bad had just happened. I walked the rest of the workout, doing all the upper body and core exercises, but holding off on anything that might further aggravate the knee.

Once home and showered, Holly, Savannah and I headed for the movies. We saw ‘Limitless’ which is a movie that explores what a person can do when he is able to function on 100% of his brain’s capacity. The movie suggested that we normally benefit from only 20%...which is about 18% more than the movers and shakers in Cuyahoga County politics were using before the Feds moved in. Anyway, when I tried to stand and walk after sitting for two hours, my knee rebelled. I limped to the car and decided it was time for the MRI and whatever else followed. I’ve been putting this off because I don’t want the down time I’m sure to have for the surgery the doc has hinted I’ll need to repair a torn meniscus. I need to take care of it though, because I don’t like being limited in what I can do…which right now is everything that includes the use of legs.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600

No comments:

Post a Comment