Friday, July 8, 2011

At least the flower beds look good...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Holly has put a lot of energy into creating mini flower gardens throughout the yard. As almost anyone knows who does this, they tend to grow more weeds than flowers. One of my jobs is to put an edge around these different sites and make sure my grass doesn’t cross the border into the flowers. I suck at this. Holly reminded me a couple of nights ago about this failing and so I jumped on it last night. I was going to ride, but really got into it and for over two hours, edged and weeded and cleaned up the crap I pulled from the gardens. I was proud, dirty and tired when I finished and decided a dip in the neighbors’ pool was in order. After all…I needed to wash the dirt and sweat from my body and what better place?

So…another day without a cardio workout…and its Holly’s fault. I mean…I’m human. I can’t work in the yard AND workout…that would be like…a double? Okay…I could have ridden. There was time and the knee seems strong but I just didn’t. I see how easily you can let a program slide and I won’t…but I see it. Tomorrow I will do a double. Tomorrow…for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment