Friday, July 29, 2011

A night off to paint...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I’d heard from Holly that Heidi needed to put a coat of paint on her walls at her Kent apartment before moving. She’d had me paint it when she’d moved in and chosen some darker colors that could not be covered in one coat…which meant the apartment complex would charge her $50 a wall to paint unless she put something lighter on it before she left. Now…Heidi hadn’t asked me to do it. I think she felt I’d done too much already and wanted to do it herself. I appreciated the sentiment, but she’d never painted in her life (yeah…she’s an artist) and I used to do it to make a living. When she did call to ask me for help, I gladly agreed but quickly figured it would become the work out for the day. And it was. I started at 6:30 p.m. and quickly prepped the two rooms. She began to roll for me…but we needed to get it done before October…so I took over. We were done around 10 p.m….needed two coats to cover…and by the time I drove her to Akron and she made me a smoothie which I chugged, it was 11 and I still had to drive to Highland Heights.

So…forced day off but at least I ate well…which is to say I didn’t have time for meals all day and stuck to the apples and banana I’d brought and the Cliff Bar I swiped from Jason’s place when I was picking up an extra roller. Tomorrow should be a lot better as I’m planning a long ride and then some time on Lake Erie monitoring boaters and life jacket wear. I’ll probably fit a swim in there somewhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment