Monday, July 18, 2011

An easy double...

Friday, July 15, 2011

I hit the park after work for the Survival Workout all the time with the thought that I could get in a ride as well. I wanted to prove to myself that last night’s pain-free ride wasn’t a fluke. I’d read the forecast for the coming of 90-degree heat and it would also be nice to get in one more ride before it came.

I rode my Waite Hill course which is quickly becoming my favorite. I like it because I can get in a reasonably hilly ride without facing heavy traffic. There are a lot of possible spinoffs I can ride to get longer courses that vary the scenery, too. As much as I like riding Pekin Road, once I’m on it…I’m on it for a long time. Anyway, I just rode around Waite Hill and then up Hobart to Chardon Road before circling back towards home via River Road. I didn’t even try to ride hard…there is no need. I just tried to enjoy the workout and the scenery…and I did since my feet didn’t hurt at all.

The ride took 1:26 to complete, which is only 3 minutes slower than my pr on the course so I must have been riding a decent pace. I had a smoothie and a couple of Holly’s peanut butter cookies for dinner (these cookies are unbelievable and the only way I can resist them is to eat them all so there aren’t any more) after showering in the neighbors’ pool. I hope they never move.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes. Bike workout: 83 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm for workout, 130 biking.
Calories burned during workout: 600 for survival workout. 1250 biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment