Friday, July 29, 2011

Not a peak performance...

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I’d hoped to pull a double after the inspirational speech I’d given to my team members at lunch that day…but after arriving home from the Survival Workout, I noticed the yard was getting out of control and that Holly had specifically requested I go to war with the weeds. So…instead of the bike, I grabbed the edger and began what turned out to be two hours of lawn work. As for the weeds…it was a minor skirmish…which I think I won. The larger battles are coming…

I’m a team leader for a Wellness Initiative at my place of employment. I have 9 members on my team and I’m the designated work force expert on health and fitness…so I want to be a good example. I told them all about my blog site and how I do work outs in the woods that they could join. After describing the work out, I noticed no one was writing down the blog site or taking my phone number. I guess it sounds a little nutty…but maybe it’s the forest and the trees thing for me.

Anyway…I was a little ragged during the workout and not hitting my pre-determined quotas as I exercised. I started out feeling strong…in my head…but it didn’t transfer to my muscles. Still…I pushed every set and got the most I could out of myself. I’ve been very consistent over the last four weeks and it may be time for a short break from the workout…that our change it up some more. I’m still reluctant to put back in all the jumping and running moves, fearing I’ll trigger the meniscus tear too close to the Adirondacks. It could just be a flat day…I’ll find out on Saturday morning when I meet my nutritionist, Bob, and put him through the workout again.

I had my first Rainbow Trout in a long time, though it was kind of plain. I suppose that had something to do with my preparation…I pretty much threw it on a baking sheet and stuck it in the toaster oven for 25 minutes and then ate it. Seasoning, reading recipes, and trying to make things taste good is a little more trouble than I’m willing to go through…so…plain food. It was filling though and goes well with a smoothie.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600

No comments:

Post a Comment