Friday, July 1, 2011

Okay...I'm going...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Holly and I talked Adirondacks and I’ve decided to go. I’ll arrive there late Friday night, fall out of my car and sleep at the trailhead so I can get an early start on an all-day trek up Mts. Dial and Nippletop. It’s a rough, long trail but an excellent test for a torn meniscus.

I did the Survival Workout with added vigor, knowing it was all I would be doing until I began the climb on Saturday. I like to give the muscles some rest before a difficult climb and as much as I would have liked to ride a couple of hours, held off. We had ribs for dinner which I washed down with a smoothie. Holly baked me a pan of chicken thighs for the trip so I could try to stay Paleo throughout the weekend. I’m very anxious about the trip and testing the knee. Climbing in the Adirondacks is very important to me and I want to be able to handle the trip this September with John, Heidi, and Savannah. I figure if I need the surgery, I’ll know soon and I can get it done and be mended for September’s trip. It will be a couple of days before I do another posting. By the way, Kim has made it across Indiana, having ridden 738 miles in just ten days. Her last two days were 96 and 88…tough doubles when you’re bike is loaded with traveling gear. She’ll be crossing into Illinois tomorrow.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600

No comments:

Post a Comment