Friday, November 23, 2012

Shopping madness...


Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I just don’t know how I feel about people who, year after year, camp out in front of stores offering huge Black Friday deals.  I mean, I like to camp and it would be quite an adventure, but the materialistic nature of the event leaves me feeling sorry for them, I suppose.  I know some of the deals are out of this world and if I had to have something that was a necessity and could save $300-400, I’d do it.  But the sense I get from the articles I read is that many people do this each and every year, skipping Thanksgiving, which I know isn’t a be all – end all holiday like it is for me…to shop?  It seems as though they’re already planning next year’s campout with no idea what the ‘deal’ will be simply because they ‘have’ to buy the thing that everyone else is trying to get.  Reminds me of an old Temptations song “Keeping Up With the Jones” and their advice that you’ll be better off if you “leave the Joneses alone,” which is what I think I’ll do again this year.

I started suffering from stomach pains again in the late afternoon and by quitting time, had had enough.  I went home and laid around hoping they would subside in time for me to make the trip to Akron to pick up Heidi for the holidays.  They didn’t and Holly made the trip instead.  I kept thinking that, no matter how bad it got, I would still be eating turkey the next day.  By the time I finally went to bed though, that thought was in jepordy.  I actually considered going to the emergency room…it was hurting that bad, but then it began to go away and finally, I nodded off.

No comments:

Post a Comment