Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Something's missing...

Wednesday, November 5, 2012
It was almost bed time and I knew something was wrong.  I was feeling depressed…like something was missing from my life though I couldn’t put my finger on it exactly.  Then it dawned on me.  For the last month, I’d felt quite popular.  I was getting information on my door and in the mail.  I was receiving emails and great promos on my computer and throughout facebook.  I was receiving phone calls every evening and people like the President were calling…and they knew me by name!  And here it was…the first Wednesday in November…in the rest of my life…and no one was calling.  No one was writing or knocking on my door.  They were all gone, and if I was noticing their absence, what were they going through?  Fortunately, I’d anticipated this and had recorded political messages from the phone and the TV so I could play them back for the next couple of years until we have another election.  Yeah…right.

I did the Survival Workout with no jumping or running.  My surgically repaired meniscus continues to ache so I’m thinking it needs a little more time.  My achilles hurts as well, so I’ve decided to bag running for a time, too.  There is excellent weather on the horizon with predictions for sunny and 60’s through the weekend, so I’m hoping to knock out a couple of long rides to make up the difference.  I must admit to being pleasantly surprised that the elbow is marginally better despite doing the Survival Workout in earnest for the last week.  I’m still avoiding exercises that stress the biceps, but have added pull-ups back and with no adverse effects…yet.

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment