Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Just another ride...

Friday, July 19, 2013
I felt very strong after a one-day hiatus.  I headed out on the Waite Hill course with nothing in mind other than a decent ride…nothing killer.  I had a plan for the weekend that included a 4-hour ride and I wanted something in the tank for that effort.  Tonight’s ride would be nothing more than a warm-up and time in the saddle.

It was a humid evening with temperatures in the high 80’s again, but I’m acclimatizing and it really didn’t seem that bad.  I did the ride in a little over 2 hours, washing down the bike upon my return and cleansing myself in the neighbor’s pool.  I made a large smoothie to begin the fluid replenishment as soon as I dried off.

So…tomorrow I’ll be going for the longest ride of the year.  I’m planning to launch early and try to beat some of the heat, though I’ll likely be finishing in it.  I suppose it’s good to continue to train hard and long in adverse conditions since I have no guarantees that it will be cooler during Tour Ohio.  Time for the tough to get going.

Bike duration:  Two hours and 5 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1750.

No comments:

Post a Comment