Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Too many errands...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013
I
 suspected that the day would get away from me and I’d be unable to work out…and I was right.

I came home and ran out to Sherwin Williams with Savannah to pick out the paint we’d be using to paint her new apartment in Columbus on Friday.  We grabbed some apple cider for smoothies and I dropped her back home and drove to pick Jack up from work since his Jeep is now a total loss.  He went with me to drive to Junction Auto in Chesterland where Jason was waiting to get my opinion on a pickup truck he wanted to buy.

“I’m no good at dickering for a different price,” he said.

I am.  I know the Manager from years of buying vehicles there and respect their operation, but when it comes to used vehicles, you just have to be careful.  He was looking at a Dodge Ram for 19K and a very healthy $350 monthly payment.

“That’s the best you can do for a price?” I asked the sales person.  “We came out here looking to spend no more than 15K.  Don’t suppose you’d come down a tad?”

She took the ticket back to the unknown man behind the curtain and when she returned with a $500 reduction, we headed for the door.


We returned home, took the seats out of the minivan and loaded it with the furniture Holly would be driving to Savannah’s apartment on Thursday.  By the time this project was finished, it was 10 p.m. and there was no exercise in sight.  Not that I’d felt much like doing anything as my stomach ailments continued.  Hopefully the cat scan scheduled for the next morning would reveal the cause of my discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment