Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stomach pains return...

Monday, July 22, 2013

Shortly after returning home from the ship yesterday, my stomach pains returned with a flourish.  I’d felt good since the end of March, but here they were again and on what appeared to be a 4-month cycle.  I went to bed early feeling nauseous and will tremendous abdominal pain.

Morning showed some improvement, but I wasted no time making an appointment with the digestive doc I’d seen for my colonoscopy.  He was able to fit me in that afternoon and after a physical exam and much questioning, decided he wanted to order a cat scan and blood work.

“I’m looking for gall stones and other things, and I want to know more about that bulge  above your naval.  It looks like a hernia,” he said.
I told him how that had been there for several years and didn’t bother me so, like any such things, I ignored it.  We scheduled the cat scan for Thursday and he sent me home with some ulcer medication.  “If we don’t find anything from the blood work and scan, I’ll want to do a endoscope,” he said as I left.

I put in a solid Survival Workout since I didn’t have time for a ride before celebrating Jack’s birthday.  It had been two weeks since my last and I could see that my strength levels had suffered, as I knew they would.  I can only do so much right now and my focus continues to be on training for Tour Ohio.

Survival Workout:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm.

Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment