Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Planning day...

Sunday, July 7, 2013
It was another extremely humid day and when I returned from shopping for flowers with Holly, decided to lie down and nap.  Two hours later, I was up and feeling groggy and unambitious.  I decided that there was little point in forcing myself to do something and went instead with what I was feeling. 

I went to my office however, and spent several hours poring over the notes I had made on the cycling route for Tour Ohio and committed most of it to an Excel spreadsheet.  Kim is putting the information into some kind of mapping program that will locate way points for camping and other amenities…at least that’s what I think she’s doing…and so I have to find those spots and give her the information.  In working with my sag wagon, I have discovered that he’ll be driving his two-seat sports car and pulling a small trailer with the camping gear, but that we won’t be hopping in the car after setting up camp to drive back to a nearby town for dinner.  Energy is critical on a ride that includes continuous days of 100 mile rides and so that final meal of the day is extremely important to the next day’s ride.  We’ll likely stop and eat a meal in the late afternoon and then have snacks at the camp site later on.

So…I’m really starting to get into the planning mode.  I need to be physically ready, but I also have a lot of details I need to cover to make three weeks on the road a success.  Regardless, it’ll happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment