Monday, July 1, 2013

Rained out of a double...

Tuesday, June 25, 2013
I went to the park to knock out a Survival Workout with every intention of following that with a longer bike ride.  The skies looked unfriendly as I pushed myself through the workout, managing 24 stations that included uphills and sprints.  I returned to the car as the first drops began to fall and by the time I’d driven home, it was a downpour.

So…again no biking.  I don’t mind a light drizzle when riding, but heavy downpours make the roads…and my brakes…slick.  Visibility is down for drivers, too.  Tomorrow I’m heading to my brother’s after work so I’ll pack my bike in the car and hope I can get in a ride on the west side somewhere before dinner.  I don’t know the roads over there so well, but I can park in the Brecksville Reservation and ride part of the Emerald Necklace (a 50-mile trail that connects the east, south and west side Metroparks to each other and the route I will follow on Tour Ohio).  I’m starting to count the days and really don’t want to miss any that could lead to better conditioning for the Tour.

Survival Workout:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment